Our website address is: https://www.artandthecity.it/staging.
Art and the City knows that sharing your personal information with us is based on trust. Art and the City takes this seriously and are committed to ensuring that we respect your privacy when you visit our website or use our services. Please review this privacy and cookies policy (“Statement”) carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
This GDPR Statement applies to persons in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including those based in the United Kingdom. This GDPR Statement supplements our Statement; however, where the Statement conflicts with the GDPR Statement, the GDPR Statement will prevail as to persons in the EEA.
We operate a service that enables users (“you”, “your”) to research, find, and book travel experiences worldwide. In this Statement, these are collectively referred to as our Services. Our Services are owned and operated by Art and the City by Serena Spinelli. By using our Services and visiting our websites and related applications, whether on a computer, phone, tablet or similar device (these are all referred to as a “Device”), you are accepting the practices described below. As a global company, we operate in a number of countries and territories where the laws and customs differ. This Statement provides a general overview of our privacy practices.
When you access or use our Services, we collect information from and about you to provide a more personalized and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically. Other information we collect from different sources, including affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources. When you use our Services by “clicking-through” from a third-party site or when you visit third-party sites via our Services, those third-party sites may share information with us about your use of their service. Information collected may include the following:
In addition to the categories noted above, we may also collect location information if you have instructed your Device to send such information via the privacy settings on that Device, or, for example, if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use your location information directly and/or share your location with third parties. We collect and share location information in order to provide you with relevant content, to analyze your use of our Services, to improve our Services and to provide contextual advertising or recommendations.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality that collects and shares location information and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. However, turning off location-sharing may affect certain features that we offer. If you have any questions about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
We are committed to providing you with relevant content on our Services and respect the data privacy laws of the different jurisdictions in which we operate. We use information about you so we can help you enjoy and use our Services, including in the following ways:
• Measure interest in and improve our Services
• Notify you about special offers, prize draws, competitions and services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you
• Communicate with you
• Enable communication between travelers and operators of travel experiences listed through us
• Enable us to publish your reviews, ratings, photos, videos and other content
• Customize your experience, including customizing the ads shown to you on our Services and across the internet
• Make inferences about your interests or preferences
• Provide you with an optimized experience and to group users of our Services based on, for example, usage and demographics
• Respond to your questions and comments
• Prevent potentially prohibited or unlawful activities
In order to provide some of our Services, we may need to share information with certain other third parties, including our group of companies, in the following circumstances:
• Social Media Sites. When you use our Services and elect to share information with third-party social media sites, the information you share will be governed by the privacy policies of those social media sites and the privacy settings you have set with those social media websites.
• Other third parties, such as referring websites.Third parties may also assist us in collecting information by, for example, operating features of our website or facilitating the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. We may share audience segments and other information with third parties that use that information for tailored advertising to you. Third parties may only collect or access information as needed to perform their permitted functions. Certain Device operating system versions permit you to opt out of certain types of information sharing, including to certain advertising networks. Please check your Device settings if you want to limit such tracking.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
You have options with respect to the collection and use of your information. Your options:
• You can choose not to provide us with certain information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on our websites.
• You can prevent the collection of geolocation information, but note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Services.
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect your information. We only authorize specific employees to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share information. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information from unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other circumstances outside of our control.
We will retain copies of your information for as long as you maintain your account or as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In addition, we may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
• Essential – These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around the website and use all its features. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, we use a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. We may also use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes. You cannot turn off essential cookies through the Cookie Consent Tool, as such cookies are necessary for you to access and use the features of the website.
To give you control, we provide you with a Cookie Consent Tool, which allows you to review first and third party cookies placed through our website and adjust your cookie settings, including whether or not to accept or decline such cookies. You can access this Cookie Consent Tool at any time by clicking the “Cookie Consent” link at the bottom of every page or by modifying your preferences in our cookie banner. In addition, you can manage cookies through the settings of your internet browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies or delete all cookies. If you delete your cookies, your access to some functionality and areas of our Services might be degraded or restricted. Our use of any information we collect through cookies is subject to this Statement, which is linked on every page of our website.
We may update this Statement in the future. If we believe any changes are material, we will let you know by doing one or more of the following: sending you a communication about the changes, placing a notice on the website and/or posting an updated Statement on the website. We will note at the top of this Statement when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back from time to time to review the most current version and to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have a data privacy request, such as a request to delete or access your data, please visit our dedicated privacy portal by clicking here. For general data privacy inquiries or questions concerning our Privacy and Cookies Statement, please contact our privacy team by clicking here.
Art and the City is the data controller of the personal information we collect. The contact details are:
Art and the City di Serena Spinelli
Via Fornari 46
Art and the City’s role in this respect is limited solely to being a contact point for questions on data protection from European residents and data protection supervisory authorities.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. Your rights with respect to your own personal data include the following:
• The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
• The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
• The right to request deletion of your personal data if: ◦ your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed it; or
◦ you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
◦ you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or ◦ your personal data is unlawfully processed; or ◦ your personal data must be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
• The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
◦ the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
◦ the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
◦ we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
◦ you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
• The right to data portability. You may request that we send this personal data to a third-party, where feasible. You only have this right if it relates to personal data you have provided to us where the processing is based on consent or necessity for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is conducted by automated means.
• You also have the right to lodge a complaint before your national data protection authority. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights described in this Statement). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by clicking here.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Pursuant to GDPR, we will use your personal data in one or more of the following circumstances:
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
• With your consent